Tuesday 12 June 2012

Wai Trip - Dhom Dam

                                                        The Mesmerizing Dhom Dam



After an enchanting darshan of Lord Ganpati at Dholya Ganpati Temple,  it was time to visit Dhom Dam. So... got out of the temple and took immediate right turn towards a narrow road.. after 2-3 kilometers, I began to wonder whether  I was on the right track.... 5 kilometers passed.... I stopped and looked around.. with a confused look I asked a local person (in Hindi) whether the narrow road was leading me to the right destination, ... the guy looked at me as if I am an alien and replied  in a weird Marathi accent which only extraterrestrials would understand.... I decided to give Dhom Dam a last shot and  went ahead to explore 1 more kilometer .... and guess what ... I saw the glimpse of the Dam gate .... The dam had restricted public entry but an officer there told me to ride one more kilometer ahead .... So... drove another kilometer and suddenly I saw a Sahyadri Adventures signboard  with an arrow directing me to turn right..




So, I turn right and the next glimpse I got was ... this...


I stopped my bike  and ran towards the pristine lake shouting.. Awesome !! Awesome !! Awesome!! ... ( Just kidding ;-) ... I would never do that )

There were already few people present there who had come to enjoy boating.. I rather decided to take some pictures of this mini heaven....
Boating facility 

Dhom Dam on the extreme right
  



While taking pics, a group of swan grabbed my attention and I was lured to take some nice photos...So I went after them and learnt a big lesson


 The soil near the lake was not firm and my leg ran 1 feet deep inside the mud... The next moment I realised, I was stuck... I lost balance and fell down but somehow managed to keep my DSLR afloat ... my friend and some locals came to my rescue and somehow I managed to pull myself out...

Stubborn Me ... The very next thing  I did when I came out was this ...took the photos of the swans

Then rushed towards the lake and took a nice dip inside the cold waters and washed myself up...

Gosh!! .... people ... no matter what you do,  please don't go near the lake where the soil is not so firm... and if you are in a joyful mood, just go there and jump with your swimsuit on... ;-) I am sure you are going to  enjoy that too .. ;-P

Aahhh.... I was all dried up and was packing my camera inside... What the Hell !!!! .. this time my camera hood was missing... I rushed towards that muddy place again to see whether my camera hood was still there... luckily for me.. I managed to find the hood on the firm soil..

What a day it had been .... took a deep breath and calmly packed everything inside the bag and prepared myself to go to the next destination, but somehow, I got so much mesmerized with that place that I decided to stay for five more minutes to click some more pictures..

                     
No matter what happened, I will always cherish the good memories of  the beautiful lake, surrounding misty mountains, the dam and of course  the funny incident, for the rest of my life ...
Guys,  Please visit this place for once ... I am sure you will drop a thank you message on this post... :-)

My Rating
1. Road Condition :- 2.75 / 5
2. Cleanliness :- 4 / 5
3. Local Conveyance:- 2 / 5
4. Climate :- 4 / 5
5. Food :-  doesn't apply
Overall rating :-  3.2 / 5

Next destination ..... Panchgani

No comments:

Post a Comment