Friday 15 June 2012

Panchgani Trip- Harisson Folly

                                                                  Harisson's Folly


The picture above was taken when we were riding back home from Parsi and Sydney point
( Panchgani).. Tell you what.. this plateau looked very tempting from the distance and we couldn't resist going there and checking it out.. :-)

When we reached atop, it looked strikingly similar to  Table land, Panchgani. The place hosted all kinds of horse riding activities but one unique thing that was on offer was Para Sailing !! 
but unfortunately, we were there at the wrong time of the year..
Horse riding at Harisson's Folly

View from Harisson's folly
View from Harisson's Folly

Me and my friend Manish decided to sit there for 10-15 mins.. Luckily for us, lot of beautiful girls were around to give the valley a major face lift ;-p [ my friend  Manish, meanwhile forgot that he had "bike riding @ night - phobia" ;-) and it became a daunting task for me to pull him out of that place.. ]

Somehow, I managed to pull the big man out and started our journey back home...

I would definitely want to come to Harisson's Folly again to enjoy the thrilling experience of Para sailing, but I was not at all disappointed to miss the sailing opportunity as I also enjoyed the serenity this place provided during my stint ..

Biking Tip :- While riding down the hill,  keep your bike engine off and let your bike go down by itself.. trust  me,  it saves a lot of fuel and  you can touch good speeds also ... while coming down from the valley, I rode 11 kms using this technique, without burning expensive petrol..


My Rating
1. Road Condition :- 3 / 5
2. Cleanliness :- 3 / 5
3. Local Conveyance:- Doesn't apply
4. Climate :- 3.5 / 5
5. Food / Snack :-  Doesn't apply
6. Adventure quotient :- Since I didn't  experience para sailing, I am not giving it any rating
Overall rating :-  3.2 / 5  


Finally we came down from the valley, had some snacks on the highway  and got disappeared in the nice sultry Sunday evening of Pune...

No comments:

Post a Comment